Technical Specialist, RHCS, Madagascar, P-4
Based in Antananarivo, under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative in Madagascar and the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor/RH, the Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS) Technical Specialist will work closely with the National RH Officer and Programme Team in the UNFPA Country office. S/he will also work closely with the Ministry of Health Department, NGOs and partners to enhance Reproductive Health Commodity security (RHCS).
Post graduate degree in medical, pharmacy, procurement, logistics, supply chain management or equivalent education and/or experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years experience in increasing responsibilities at the national level in SRH ideally, in logistics systems, public sector pharmaceutical supplies management of which 5 years experience should be in developing countries with direct experience relating to health and logistics systems and management of family planning programmes. Also experience in public sector pharmaceutical program management at national level, especially in policy & management, Selection, Access, Quality Assurance and Rational Drug Use is strongly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of supply management: forecasting, warehousing, distribution, transportation, logistics information systems and eLMIS.
- Significant public procurement and supply management experience related to the Health Sector (pharmaceuticals and non-pharmaceutical medical supplies), and other funding mechanisms emphasizing donor coordination/harmonization and in challenging situation.
- Senior-level procurement and supply management and advisory services covering the full procurement cycle and significant experience in logistics capacity building, covering the full procurement cycle,
- Health sector-specific experience, including: Experience with Public Health systems in developing countries, Health Commodity Supply Market, Logistics and inventory management related to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, based on sound Supply Chain Management principles
Excellent written and oral communications skills. Fluency in French and English is required.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Antananarivo
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2015-11-03