Deputy Chief of Party, SIDHAS
Abuja | Abuja
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party, SIDHAS
Oversees administration, finance and programs teams for SIDHAS (Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services program) in close coordination with the Country Office team. Manages the development and implementation process related to the SIDHAS program involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on project delivery. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Country Director and Chief of Party to provide leadership to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive needs-based strategy for programming in Nigeria, including Abuja and sub-offices.
- Collaborates with DCOP-Technical to ensure programs are designed according to organization and industry best practices, program framework and regulations.
- Collaborates with the Country Director to proactively identify opportunities for new programming initiatives and funding to support them.
- Provides support to the overall leadership and management of SIDHAS, ensuring strategic program direction, managed growth and compliance with organization policies and procedures and donor regulations.
- Manages, implements, and monitors systems, services, staff and budgets to achieve financial, administrative and programmatic goals.
- Provides timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to company management and donors as required.
- Prepares and monitors approved budgets for SIDHAS.
- Approves all expenditures relating to budgets for SIDHAS.
- Recruits, orients and supervises finance, administrative and management staff for SIDHAS to support country programs and ensure the completion of, programmatic, financial, and resource development needs are met and achieved.
- Collaborates with Program staff to ensure that program implementation is managed closely through the development of structured work plans, indicator tracking sheets and approved monitoring plans.
- Provides supervision to Program staff to ensure the financial health and performance of each of the projects.
- Ensures expenditures within SIDHAS is monitored on a monthly basis, and that well-structured corrective action is initiated and tracked where required.
- Works with Program staff, and the Grants Team to ensure the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant activity reporting per organization and donor guidelines.
- Provides supportive guidance and supervision Program staff, and Managers who are charged to implement programs within the assigned area of expertise.
- Collaborates with Operations and cross functional groups on matters concerning staff development that leverages international staff to mentor local staff, so as to maintain project accountability and scale in the short term and fast track capacity building for the long term.
- Assists in setting goals and budgets for SIDHAS and supports the country in achieving strategic goals.
- Contributes to fundraising planning and implementing strategies to increase private donor giving.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Business Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- 8+ years of experience with developing international programs and project management experience.
- Experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
- Certification in Project Management.
- Effective strategic planning, program evaluation and project management skills.
- Strong grant research, development, management, and reporting experience.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- Budgeting, financial management, and policies and procedures oversight experience.
- Demonstrated public relations and diplomacy skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives.
- Ability to analyze and establish effective and supportive cross- program coordination, organizational procedures, and management systems.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Exercises judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Travel requirements 10-25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Abuja | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-11-30