Senior Program Officer, Research & Analytical Services
Bethesda | Washington D.C
The Senior Program Officer, Research and Analytical Services will work on projects focusing on country and sector assessments, impact and performance evaluations, performance monitoring, program design, survey research, and applied research. The Senior Program Officer will support business development efforts in these areas.
The specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Support management of programs, including technical, administrative and financial oversight and oversight of consultants;
- Provide high quality technical and advisory support to field operations, including training and capacity building on tools and materials;
- Help ensure quality of evaluation and assessment reports and other written materials arising from research and analytical projects;
- Provide guidance and support to the assessment team, including programmatic and budget management activities, compliance, monitoring and evaluation, and documentation;
- Assist in recruiting, briefing, and deploying teams of DI staff members and consultants;
- Help identify opportunities for DI to expand work in research, evaluation and analytical services work;
- Assist in the business development and proposal process, including drafting proposals and applications for USAID, the U.S. State Department, and other funders.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field;
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive responsibility working on monitoring, evaluation, assessments, data analysis, and for international relief and development programs;
- Proven ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities;
- Experience in proposal writing and other business development efforts, including experience with USAID, strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience of successful teamwork and good interpersonal skills;
- Good presentation/facilitation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; and
- Relevant computer software skills.
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries.
DI is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to https://jobs.democracyinternational.com. We will only contact those candidates who best meet our needs. No phone calls or additional emails please.
- Organization: Democracy International
- Location: Bethesda | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2015-11-22