Senior Quality Improvement Advisor
Nairobi | Nairobi
\*SENIOR QUALITY IMPROVEMENT ADVISOR-HEALTH SERVICES*****
****Location:**** Nairobi, Kenya
****Salary:**** Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
****Reports to:**** Chief of Party
****Position Level:**** 11
****University Research Co., LLC (URC)****
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
****Division & Project Overview:****
The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC. The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is URC’s flagship project in quality improvement.
ASSIST is managed by URC’s Quality and Performance Institute, (QPI), which has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
URC is looking for individuals to fill the position of Senior Quality Improvement Advisor-Health Services for USAID funded project Applying Science to strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST). The project is a global leader in the implementation, advocacy, development and promotion of cost-effective methods to design and improve healthcare services and systems in developing and middle income countries.
****Roles and Responsibilities:****
Reporting to the Chief of Party, The Senior Quality Improvement Advisor- Health Services will work closely with the Ministry of Health (MOH) officials at national and county government level and Implementing Partners to build their improvement competencies. H/She will ensure smooth running of multiple continuous quality improvement efforts through capacity building and coordinated implementation of modern quality improvement initiatives. The incumbent will;
- Support in the development and effective implementation of modern Quality Improvement approaches for MNCH, FP, Malaria and HIV care and treatment services to achieve better health outcomes across the continuum of care.
- Support in the integration of Quality Improvement activities, research and evaluation, knowledge management, scale up sustainability and institutionalization at national, county and sub-county levels.
- Support the MOH and implementing partners by applying evidence based interventions in technical content areas such as MNCH, FP, Malaria, HIV/AIDS and Health Workforce.
- Support the MOH to establish systems for continuous learning and implementation of continuous Quality Improvement methods as well as the spread of successful innovation throughout the health sector.
- Work with the MOH to improve the competency and capability of health workers by strengthening quality training programs, including advocacy for quality improvement within core curricula for health providers.
- Engage with the Ministry of Health, CHMTs and Implementing Partners to support quality improvement work in line with the Kenya Quality Model for Health (KQMH) and other quality improvement guidelines.
- In collaboration with M & E unit establish performance monitoring system for tracking priority QI indicators across collaborating sites to show improvement in processes and care outcomes.
- Ensure the use of technology to share improvement experiences by identifying and communicating “best practices” in improvement of health service delivery.
- Actively participate in business development activities and advice URC on new opportunities.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
****Required Experience & Qualifications****
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy. A Master’s in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing National and County health systems.
- Hands on skills of health care and health care coverage issues. Those with prior clinical practice and quality improvement process experience will be preferred.
- Experience in advising, training and mentoring on improvement efforts.
****Desired Experience & Qualifications****
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams.
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field as and when required.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
\*Please note:***** Only candidates who are eligible to work in the Country for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/career-opportunities. Qualified applicants can also send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating present employer, and position, daytime telephone number, current salary, names and addresses of three work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org**.** The closing date for submitting applications is 26th October, 2015
****You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated.****Also, please complete your application form and attach a completedUSAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
\*URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.*****
\*We value and seek diversity in our workforce.*****
- Organization: URC - University Research Company
- Location: Nairobi | Nairobi
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-10-26