Consultancy: Country Program Documentation
Bangkok | Bangkok
UNICEF Thailand Country Office is seeking an individual consultant to draft key documents which includes strategy notes (SN), country program document (CPD) and reports related to the development of the country programme.
Purpose of the Assignment:
The 2012-2016 Country Programme of Cooperation between the Royal Thai Government and UNICEF aims to support Thailand in progressive realisation of the rights of girls and boys, reducing inequities and vulnerabilities. 2015 will mark the beginning of the process of developing a new country programme 2017-2021 with the Royal Thai Government.
The development of a new country programme is an iterative process involving interactions with various stakeholders at various levels (local and national). It involves both sectoral and cross sectoral discussions, including internally. All have to be fully documented. Lastly, end of the year is also marked by the annual review and the annual report.
Under the general guidance from the Deputy Representative and in close consultation with the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, the consultant will assist the Thailand Country Office in drafting the Country Programme Document, Strategy Notes in consultation with the colleagues and finalise it in keeping with the latest NYHQ guidelines.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Draft strategy Notes (SN);
- Draft the CPD and its annexes;
- Compile all the responses to the quality review comments from the regional office and HQ and draft the response on behalf of the office;
- While drafting take note of the meetings with the civil society, UN and Government.
October: Attend if possible the Strategic Moment of Reflection (SMR) Meeting on 26-27 Oct. 2015
November: Meeting with the sections to prepare the SN, CPD considering the consultation process of the programmes with the partners.
December: drafting of the CPD, annexes and SNRs
Early January: Finalise CPD, SNRs for the Representative Review
- Draft Strategic Notes;
- Draft report for the SMR (first week of November) if attending the SMRS;
- Draft CPD with annexes (first draft by 05th January 2016), then revisions following comments from NY and Regional Office (end of March).
Estimated Duration of Contract: 5 months beginning end October or early November 2015 for full month, three weeks in December 2015 based in Bangkok. 10 Days in January 2016 and 5 days each in February and March 2016 excluding of travel time.
Official travel: 1 time to Bangkok and internal travel, if required.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Advanced University Degree in Development, Economics, Social Science or Related Field. Sound and up-to-date knowledge of UNICEF policies and practices in programme development.
- At least eight years in the relevant field (planning, monitoring, evaluation).
- Proven ability to exercise analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to read and understand data.
- Proven skills in communication.
- Proven capacity for team work.
- Sound knowledge of UNICEF programming.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; Fluency in Thai an asset.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV/P-11, 2 references, proposed monthly professional fee and all-inclusive travel cost to Bangkok in USD by 21 October 2015 to email@example.com Please note the air tickets under UNICEF contract shall be re-routable, refundable type (economy class and most direct route). The consultant will be responsible for own travel insurance, visa fee and terminal expenses.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok | Bangkok
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-10-21