IT Manager (re-advertise)
Bangkok | Bangkok
The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC)welcomes applications from qualified professionals with relevant experience to strengthen our professional team.
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Department:Information Technology and Communication Department SERVIR Mekong/OED
The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), established in 1986, is a regional non-profit foundation with headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand supporting the advancement of safer communities and sustainable development, through implementing programs that reduce the impact of disasters upon countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific. The primary geographical focus of ADPC’s activities is Asia with the South, South East and East Asia being the primary sub-regions.
ADPC has more than 28 years of working experience in Asia along with the national and local Government of its charter member countries as well as countries of the Regional Consultative Committee (RCC) on Disaster Management. ADPC works to build preparedness at all levels, from regional, to national, sub-national and even to individual communities. Further details on ADPC and its programs can be found at www.adpc.net
SERVIR is a global program that provides scientific and technical know-how to help developing countries use geospatial information and technologies to achieve sustainable development. SERVIR Mekong will promote the use and availability of publicly available satellite imagery and related geospatial decision-support tools/products to help key stakeholders and decision makers in Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam better predict and manage floods and other natural disasters, improve agricultural risk management, manage land-use more sustainably, and help governments and communities increase resilience to the negative effects of climate change. Funded by USAID, and with lead scientific and technical support from NASA, SERVIR Mekong is being implemented by ADPC with inputs from consortium partners Spatial Informatics Group, Stockholm Environment Institute, and Deltares. Further details on SERVIR Mekong can be found at www.adpc.net/servir
Statement of Intent:
The IT Manager will support ADPC and the SERVIR Mekong program to maintain information technology strategies by managing staff; and researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
Required Qualifications / Selection Criteria:
- Master’s Degree in computer science/technology and/or information technology, with networking educational background
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in networking and computer (hardware and software) administration, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and machines
- Proficient in Linux /Unix operating environment
- Proficient in developing virtual environments using VMware or equivalent
- Proficient in PostGre SQL or Geodatabase management
- Proficient in Geospatial Servers (ArcServer, Geo Server, etc…)
- Work experience on HPCs and Server machines
- Fluency in English and oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated ability and plan and organize work and time independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, and experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong desire to learn, undertake new challenges, must be a creative problem-solver, must have self confidence, willingness to work hard
- Ability to provide training for staff, course participants and consultants.
- Self-directed, dynamic, attention to details, independent with excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness and availability to travel periodically.
- Operate within all ADPC Guidelines & Procedures/ Policies;
- Provide ongoing capacity building training & development to ADPC staff as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT Manager will:
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of the ADPC intranet, SERVIR Mekong microsite (with geoportal) and overall ADPC website;
- Maintain the overall functionality of network, internet services, and servers ensuring sufficient capacity of the system;
- Lead the purchase of computer-related equipment, software, applications and other accessories;
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements;
- Review and assess the applicability and compatibility of state-of-the-art computer, network and internet software, databases and other applications to the business needs;
- Provide training, technical advice and technology updates to all staff;
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Department Head of ITCD or Heads of SERVIR Mekong Program.
- Reports directly to the Department Head of ITCD;
- Works closely with other staff of ADPC.
One (1) year contract with possibility of extension
Interested Candidates, please submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from www.adpc.net), resume, copy of diploma(s) and certificate(s) together with a cover letter, to email@example.com or
Human Resources and Administration
979/69, 24th Floor
SM Tower, Paholyothin Road
Samsen Nai, Phayathai
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: ADPC - Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
- Location: Bangkok | Bangkok
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2015-11-06