eHealth Referent and Knowledge Coordinator (Fluent written and spoken English and French)
Paris | Paris
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide aid to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe, primarily due to armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, exclusion from health care, or natural disasters. MSF provides independent, impartial assistance to those most in need. MSF reserves the right to speak out to bring attention to neglected crises, to challenge inadequacies or abuse of the aid system, and to advocate for improved medical treatments and protocols.
The French section of MSF currently operates activities in 30 countries with a wide spectrum of programs. The eHealth Unit team, based in New York and Paris aims to provide an effective mechanism for rapid system analysis and development decisions that can efficiently bring to scale cross-MSF integrated health information platforms. Through this process, the eHealth team aims to strengthen programs, support quality improvement and program evaluation, and improve the care we deliver to our patients, in addition to contributing to “temoignage” and scientific research.
Purpose of the job:
OCP has developed and piloted a new health information system which will be deployed throughout all OCP headquarter offices, country coordination and field projects over the coming years. Training, knowledge exchange and incorporating user needs have been identified as a key component of deploying this project. The eHealth Referent and Knowledge Coordinator position is hosted in OCP Operations Department and will work closely with other departments, including the Medical Department and Department of Systèmes d'Information, to ensure effective and appropriate training process and knowledge management solutions are available for users. The main objective of the eHealth Referent and Knowledge Coordinatorpost is to design and scale up end user training and core competencies of the new health information system and facilitate integration of the new system into relevant other training initiatives.
Main responsibilities and activities:
The eHealth Referent and Knowledge Coordinator,under the overall guidance of the eHealth Project Manager, is responsible for development and implementation of an appropriate training and knowledge plan for the operations and medical department on District Health Information System – 2(DHIS2). Training activities may require travel to countries where OCP has staff and projects.
Facilitation of end user knowledge of the system (40%)
· Organize and coordinates the delivery of one-on-one and group trainings for identified end users on the new system in at OCP HQ and over time country Coordination’s
· Engage with end users to create project specific dashboards and reports for project monitoring, evaluation and planning
· Identify and build out content management space for end users to access learning and knowledge material
· Train headquarters users for formal and informal learning actions.
Development of training courses and materials (35%)
· Design and develop, together with subject matter experts, learning content and resources (Manual, Job Aids, Training Materials, Community of Practices, etc.) which will allow the effective and continuous knowledge transfer for OCP HQ and Country Coordination’s
· Development of training materials and standard operating procedures to improve HIS functioning and use, including group sessions and on-the-job approaches
· Lead assessments to evaluate key HIS domains (including resources, indicators, data sources, data management processes, and use of information)
· Engage and share with the DHIS2 community to exchange training practices, approaches and materials
System Support and Continuous Improvement (25%)
· Contribute to level 1 and 2 troubleshooting, including coordinating with the team reporting of issues identified directly or collected from users
· Contribution in the revision and daily improvement of the tool within the eHealth team
· Facilitate the integration of the eHealth tools into ongoing and routine trainings at OCP with the OCP training department
· Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of relevant work in information system training experience required; Advance degree (MPH, MS, MIS, MA, other) in public health or related fields such as health systems or health information is preferred.
· Experience on health data analysis at different level for different purposes (evaluation, planning, definition of health priority, epidemic early warning etc.) is essential.
· Demonstrated ability and experience in:
o Assessing training needs
o Designing and writing training programs using active, experiential adult learning principles
o Facilitation of semi-structures workshops and on the job training
o Knowledge of e-learning design and delivery
o Fluent written and spoken English and French required
o Familiarity with DHIS2 preferred
· Knowledge and experience with common relational databases i.e. SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc., and a good understanding of extracting, transferring and transforming data (ETL) preferred.
· Strong representational and interpersonal skills.
· A team player but also able to work independently and manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision and to function as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Willingness to travel internationally 35-55% time.
· Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF.
Status: CDD - 12 months - Full Time, based in Paris
Salary Conditions:From 40.2K€ to 44.2K€ over 13 months according to experience. 22 days RTT (days off) + annual leaves per year. Medical insurance fully covered by MSF. Restaurant’s voucher of 8.80€ facial values (cover 60% by MSF). 50% public transport subscription.
Starting date: As soon as possible
To apply, kindly send your application (**cover letter and resume)**
from 7th of october until 27th of October 2015 included to: http://www.msf.fr/recrutement/travailler-au-siege
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Organization: MSF - Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Paris | Paris
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-10-27