Regional Program Coordinator
Athens | Greece
European Refugee Crisis
The flow of refugees and migrants arriving into southern Europe has accelerated during the summer of 2015, with now upwards of 4,000 people arriving per day. Two thirds of that number are arriving onto the shores of Greece, specifically the islands of Lesvos, Kos, Samos, and Chios. The islands are set up to cater for tourists and what little civil society has mobilized to support newly arriving refugees has been far outpaced by the scale of numbers and humanitarian need. IRC deployed an Emergency Response Team to Greece during the first week of July and has subsequently built a network of partner led and directly implemented humanitarian programs within the sectors of WASH and Protection. As the crisis surges during the final summer months and fears of continued arrivals span into the winter months, the IRC is increasing the scale and scope of our humanitarian response to the southern Europe refugee crisis.
Under the guidance of, and in close coordination with the Regional Refugee Representative, the Regional Program Coordinator will lead IRC's realization of a regional program strategy to respond to the European Refugee Crisis, by identifying and securing new funding, ensuring IRC's compliance to donor requirements, and representing the IRC in relevant regional donor, advocacy and coordination fora. Again, under the guidance of, and in close coordination with the Regional Refugee Representative, the Regional Program Coordinator will also lead development of IRC's advocacy materials and efforts for the European Refugee Crisis response. The Regional Program Coordinator will report to the Regional Refugee Representative, be based in Athens but travel across the region to follow up on IRC programs and funding opportunities.
Program Strategy & Business Development
- Working with the Regional Refugee Representative, lead on the development and maintenance of a regional program strategy. Ensure that the strategy encompasses IRC and partner led programming that is responsive to the fluid nature of the crisis.
- Support Regional Refugee Representative and program management staff on field assessments for program expansion.
- Working with the Regional Refugee Representative map donor opportunities, build new donor relationships and drive new business acquisition.
Grants Management and Compliance
- Ensure high quality and timely submission of funding proposals through development of timelines, coordinating technical and financial input, writing, editing and formatting proposal documents, and liaison with HQ on approval and submission processes.
- Work with program and management staff to promote and ensure development of strong data collection and monitoring & evaluation process, and systematic collection and analysis of program data.
- Hire and train in-county grants staff as required to effectively support the scale and scope of the program
- Establish and ensure maintenance of comprehensive grant files and related information management processes including issuing reporting formats and schedules, maintaining donor and external contact information/files and protocols and establishing a photo library
- Participate in and/or lead grant opening and review meetings; ensuring all required information is circulated in advance, meetings are fully documented and action items completed.
- Provide advice on donor grant compliance issues, visibility and reporting requirements; proactively engaging with program teams to ensure appropriate IRC and donor visibility
- Coordinate partner subgrant processes including preaward assessments, subgrant development, HQ review and approval processes, related partner reporting and compliance training to promote a respectful and constructive relationship and effective oversight of subgrant activities and results.
- Work closely with program staff to prepare high quality and timely donor and management reports on grants and sector activities
- Provide a comprehensive handover to successor, including ensuring transfer of all related documentation, program monitoring data and staff performance information
External Relations: Representation, Communication & Advocacy
- Represent the IRC and coordinate with other agencies, local government, donors and other stakeholders to promote delivery of best practice humanitarian assistance and coordination of efforts.
- Action media and communications activities at the direction of the Regional Refugee Representative and in close collaboration with roving and regional communications officers.
- Serve as the regional advocacy focal point, writing policy and advocacy materials including talking points, briefing notes, and position papers, as needed by the Regional Refugee Representative or HQ Policy.
- Identify and participate in coordination mechanisms at the national, and, if existing, at the sub-national level, representing the IRC as required.
- The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- University degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience overseeing grants or program administration. Diverse geographical professional experience preferred. Experience working within complex emergency preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence peer agencies, local government and community leaders to work effectively towards a common and agreed upon result.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and implement best practices and processes affecting multiple technical specialties to achieve rapid, consistent and high quality outcomes.
- Experience developing, resourcing and leading large budget, complex projects spanning multiple technical specialties.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills. French or Arabic language skills advantageous.
This position will be based in Athens, with frequent visits to the field in Greece and surrounding region.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YXN0cmlkLm1hdGhldy4xNzMwMi4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Athens | Greece
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-12-04