Rome | Rome
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill an international consultancy position of Diversity Recruiter, based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy for an initial contract period of 11 months with possibility of extension.
About the UN World Food Programme
The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
About the role
WFP is committed to transforming its Human Resources function to a strategic business partner. To achieve this, we are seeking more outstanding professionals to contribute to a key moment in WFP’s history - for the first time we are setting up a strategic HR capability to enable WFP to meet its vision of zero hunger.
As a Diversity Recruiter, you will be part of the Global Talent Acquisition Branch, while working closely with our dedicated Diversity & Inclusion Manager. You will create and implement initiatives to promote WFP’s commitment to Diversity & Inclusion and strengthen our capacity to source and attract diverse talent from around the world. In addition, you will help us define, structure and implement improvements to the talent acquisition strategy and core activities.
· Develop and execute outreach programmes to build a strong pipeline of diverse talent;
· Identify creative solutions to target under-represented diverse candidates;
· Promote and communicate WFP as an employer of choice committed to inclusion through relevant job fairs, social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and other appropriate channels;
· Identify and partner with professional associations and the world’s top universities to promote career opportunities at WFP;
· Embed diversity and inclusion messaging in hiring manager training programmes and toolkit; provide guidance to minimize unconscious bias throughout the candidate selection process;
· Develop clear analytics and metrics to monitor and measure results;
· Keep abreast of the latest developments, findings and trends related to D&I.
Qualifications & Experience Required
· University degree in Human Resources Management, Public/ Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, Communications, or other related fields;
· Training in quantitative and qualitative research methods is desirable.
· At least 5 years of postgraduate experience in global talent acquisition with at least 3 years of experience in developing and implementing diversity & inclusion initiatives;
· Experience in building partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
· Proven track record of delivering impactful and sustainable results in an international and culturally diverse working environment.
Technical Skills & Competencies:
· Solid project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
· Ability to analyze complex data and solve problems;
· Strong interpersonal skills to influence and work cross-functionally with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to learn quickly, be resourceful, work under pressure with minimal guidance, take accountability and be solutions-oriented;
· Creativity to develop new ideas and best practices to drive changes and continuous improvement.
· Fluency in oral and written English.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Additional websites to visit before applying:
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 23 October 2015
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Fighting Hunger Worldwide
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application. NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome | Rome
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-10-23