International Recruiter – French speaking
London | London
International Medical Corps UK is a global humanitarian organization saving and rebuilding lives through health care, training and community development. International Medical Corps UK works alongside International Medical Corps Worldwide, responding to humanitarian emergencies and communities afflicted by conflict, poverty and natural disaster in more than 20 countries around the world.
****PURPOSE OF THE POSITION****
The purpose of the French speaking International Recruiter is to attract, source and identify French speaking talents for International Medical Corps operations in Francophone Country programmes. This will involve attending humanitarian career fairs and networking with potential candidates in France, Belgium, Switzerland and other French Speaking countries to find staff, volunteers, and consultants for International Medical Corps’ programs and emergency responses. The position is based in London, UK.
****KEY DELIVERABLES (ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)****
- Work with hiring managers to develop and implement a global recruitment and talent strategy to support International Medical Corps’ mission, vision and goals
- Develop innovative approaches to identifying qualified French Speaking applicants in international humanitarian recruitment markets
- Assist with talent management activities, including talent identification, capacity assessment and employee development
- Identify timeline, internal stakeholders to involve, key roles, and a sourcing strategy
- Utilize applicant tracking system to manage recruitments from requisition to hire, ensuring compliance with International Medical Corps’ policies and practices and applicable state and federal laws
- Develop messages for ads, e-mail, and phone calls to attract qualified candidates
- Collaborate with team members to advertise jobs and source for applicants through resume banks and networking through associations, conferences, companies, alumni groups, social media, and other organizations
- Screen, interview and evaluate candidates and coordinate interviews with search committee
- Draft interview guides when appropriate and collect interview evaluations
- Lead post interview discussions, when appropriate, and help search committees come to a consensus on candidates. Work with hiring managers to identify and execute next steps.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and HR staff to negotiate job offers
- Design and implement improvements to global recruitment policies and processes which will ensure streamlined, cost-effective, rapid, and high quality services are delivered
- Ensure compliance with International Medical Corps Policies and Procedures and donor requirements for recruitment, proposals and project hires
- Manage the internal client relationship and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction using problem solving ability, negotiation skills, responsiveness and continual communication
- Any other tasks or responsibilities based on organizational and operations needs as assigned by Line Manager or Director of International HR & Recruiting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Organizational Design, Management, Leadership, Public Health, International Relations, or other related discipline AND proven track record of working as a talent acquisition professional at a senior level
- Experience with international emergency relief, international development and humanitarian work preferred
- Experience recruiting talent for hard to fill positions in developing countries experiencing dangerous and/or unhealthy circumstances
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers and staff for emergency relief strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Professional HR certification such as CIPD, SPHR, PHR, GPHR, AIRS preferred
- Collaborative leadership skills – ability to lead search committees and hiring managers through a methodical approach to find and secure talented people.
- Analysis and problem solving skills – ability to identify, analyze, and propose solutions to recruitment challenges.
- Initiative – ability to develop new tools and approaches to recruit talent.
- Sourcing savvy – ability to find and reach out to passive candidates with personalized messages that build relationships and prompt talented people to apply. Proven success using online recruiting tools and strategies to identify talent. Proficiency in Boolean Search Strings.
- Resourcefulness – ability to tap into and utilize current and former staff and external partners and leaders to help attract talented people
- Organizational skills – ability to lead searches through phases and timelines and to keep hiring managers and search committees apprised of progress.
- Interpersonal skills - Demonstrated success working well in a team environment while also acting and thinking independently.
- Communication skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills - Proficiency in MS Office, internet searching, and applicant tracking systems
- Proficient in French and English
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it truly reflects the strategic direction requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
5PM UK on 30 September 2015. Please note that due to the urgent need to fill this role, applications will be reviewed as and when received prior to the closing date.
****HOW TO APPLY****
Candidates who meet the specifications set out above and can prove that they have the right to work in the UK should apply at email@example.com by post to Human Resources Department 254-258 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7EB. Application should include CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in the role.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: London | London
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30