Chief of Party, Mozambique
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party (CoP) you will have overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant activities and staff. You will coordinate the implementation of all aspects of the program to ensure quality and timely reporting to the donor. You will bear ultimate responsibility for ensuring that WV and any sub-grantees meet USAID, PEPFAR and program requirements. This position is contingent upon donor award of grant to World Vision.
- A Medical degree or Masters degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree is required
- At least 7 years of senior-level management experience in managing large, complex community-based HIV care and support projects and at least 4 years of experience with USAID-funded projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of community-level evidence based and promising behavioral and structural HIV prevent, care, treatment and support interventions, and linkages to services
- Fluency in both Portuguese and English
- CoP should be prepared to travel to rural implementation sites and regional or global meetings as required
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 25 Sep 2015. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Maputo
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-09-25