Coordinator, Program Development & Quality
Islamabad Capital Territory | Islamabad
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The Coordinator Program Development and Quality (CPDQ) provides ongoing support and strategic guidance to the country office on issues of program development, program quality, compliance, and donor relations. Reporting to the Deputy Director Programs, s/he serves as the donor focal point, and is responsible for managing a complex portfolio of grants and for leading program and proposal development processes. The CPDQ works closely with the Deputy Director Programs and Partnerships Coordinator to ensure the quality of programs and reports and builds on quality relationships with implementing partners, and collaborates closely with the finance and operations teams to ensure compliance with IRC and donor requirements. Staff responsible to and supervised by the CPDQ are the Senior M&E Coordinator, responsible for implementing the M&E strategy, and ensure consistent M&E support; the Program Development Manager, responsible for generating program reports and contributing to proposal development.
- Provide guidance on issues of program development, program quality, compliance, and donor relations.
- Contribute to strategic and sector planning.
- Working closely with the Deputy Director Programs, Provincial, and Sector Coordinators; lead the program development process across all sectors.
- Strengthen and build the capacity of the team to develop creative, responsible, competitive concepts and proposals.
Program Development and Quality
- Provide overall management of IRC Pakistan's grants unit
Working closely with the Deputy Director Programs, lead the development of new program designs and proposals which fit within IRC Pakistan's strategic objectives
Work closely with M&E and program teams to ensure that quality assessments are undertaken and used to inform program development
Secure input from program teams and IRC technical units on project design
Ensure the development of program log frames, work plans, and monitoring tools
Edit/draft proposals and concept notes
Coordinate internal processes for securing feedback and approvals
Support the development project budgets for concept notes and proposals.
Liaise with IRC HQs to finalize the submission of proposals
Liaise with other humanitarian/development actors to identify possible areas for collaboration and develop joint initiatives/proposals
Serve as the focal point between the country office and IRC grants units in New York/London
Provide guidance to program and operations teams on issues related to grants and compliance as required
Work with senior program staff and the M&E Coordinator to develop and implement monitoring tools which can be used to track performance and inform improvements to program quality.
Manage the Program Development Manager and ensure that grants and financial tracking tools are updated, regular grant meetings are conducted with project teams, case studies and success stories are collected, a database of reference materials is maintained, and high quality reports are produced and submitted on time. Delegate additional tasks when necessary.
Manage the Partnerships Coordinator and ensure that appropriate partners are identified for new opportunities, partners benefit from ongoing support and capacity building, and partners provide clear and accurate proposals, budgets and reports.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Keep an oversight of implementation of the M&E strategy, and ensure consistent M&E support
- Provide training to technical and field staff on donor requirements and best program design and reporting practices where needed.
- Strengthen the capacity of field staff to develop case studies and success stories for the IRC and donors
- Serve as the focal point, in coordination with the Country Director and Deputy Director Programs, for all donor relations, grants/program development related issues as needed.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
- Represent IRC positively and professionally in both internal and external relations and situations.
- Represent IRC in donor meetings and conduct presentations on IRC programs, as and when required.
Perform other duties as necessary and/or as requested.
Post-graduate degree in International Development, International Relations, relevant social sciences or equivalent demonstrable experience in relevant fields.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the humanitarian/development field;
Demonstrated understanding of project design, management and implementation processes;
Proven experience in program development/donor relations;
Experience in program management strongly desired;
At least two years in an overseas posting;
Demonstrated understanding of donor formats and requirements (ECHO, DFID, UNHCR, UNICEF, OFDA)
Working knowledge of at least 2 of the IRC Pakistan's program sectors;
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong coordination and capacity building skills; Flexibility/adaptability to work in a diverse, multicultural team with due respect for Pakistani culture and norms;
Proven ability to live and work in an unstable, insecure environment.
Language Skills: Excellent spoken and written skills in English language;
Specific Security Situation /Housing:
Security in Islamabad and Pakistan remains unpredictable and the Coordinator Program Development and Quality is expected to comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. As of posting, field access and travel is feasible but candidates should expect periodic limitations on movement and interruptions to program implementation. This is an unaccompanied post; transportation and shared housing of good standard is provided.
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows MS office programs (Word, Excel), email programs, etc.
- Willingness to travel outside Islamabad to field sites under demanding conditions.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmFjaGFlbGcuNjQ0MTIuMzgzMEBpcmMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Islamabad Capital Territory | Islamabad
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2015-11-01