- TEAM LEADER - NORTH EAST SYRIA Syria | Senior
More than 65 Millions are forcibly displaced worldwide, among them are 20 million refugees, over half of whom are under the age of 18, according to United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR). Conflict and persecution forces an average of 42,500 persons per day to leave their homes and seek protection elsewhere, either within their countries or in other countries.
UNjobfinder wants to show our support by presenting the work of our partner organizations that are all in need of highly motivated and talented job seekers in different areas and locations:
- DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- IRC - International Rescue Committee
- NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Save the Children
If you like to promote and protects the rights of refugees and people who have been displaced within their own country check if they are looking for your career profile. Below you find lots of opportunities in different areas:
UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
UNHCR works to protect and assist refugees everywhere. UNHCR strive to ensure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to eventually return home, integrate or resettle.
During times of displacement, UNHCR provide critical emergency assistance in the form of clean water, sanitation and healthcare, as well as shelter, blankets, household goods and sometimes food. They also arrange transport and assistance packages for people who return home, and income-generating projects for those who resettle.
UNHCR regular staff members: 9,700 (89% of whom are in the field). Number of countries in which UNHCR is present: 126. UNHCR is now recruiting the below career profiles to rosters in multiple locations and on different career levels.
- Project Control Officer Profile
- Refugee Status Determination (RSD) Officer
- Camp Coordination & Camp Management (CCCM) Officer Profile
- Registration Officer Profile
- Admin/Finance Officer Profile
- Protection Officer Profile
- Shelter Officer Profile
- Field Safety Advisor Profile
- Programme Officer Profile
- Physical Site Planner Profile
- Supply Officer Profile
- Refugee Status Determination (RSD) Officer Profile
- Resettlement Officer Profile
- Registration Officer (Case Management) Profile
- Integrity Officer Profile
NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation, who provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons (IDP) worldwide. NRC take action during situations of armed conflict, and engage in other contexts where our competences will add value.
The majority of NRC's more than 5000 staff members are national employees in NRC’s projects in around 25 countries worldwide. All their projects are supervised by the NRC Head Office located in Oslo.
NRC’s main activity is the deliverance of humanitarian aid through programme activities in the field. NRC specialises in five programme areas, or core competences - Shelter, Food Security, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Education, and Information Counselling and Legal Aid (ICLA). Read more about NRC here.
Below you find all current vacancies at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC):
Information Counselling and Legal Aid (ICLA)
- RE-ADVERTISEMENT: PROTECTION AND ADVOCACY ADVISOR (NATIONAL POSITION) - UKRAINE Kiev | Mid level
- INFORMATION, COUNSELLING, AND LEGAL ASSISTANCE (ICLA) - GREECE Athens | Mid level
- INFORMATION, COUNSELLING AND LEGAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT MANAGER - PALESTINE Gaza | Mid level
- ICLA COORDINATOR - MYANMAR - HR - MYANMAR Yangon | Supervisor
- ICLA OFFICER - LEGAL ASSISTANCE (NATIONAL POSITION) - BAGHDAD - IRAQ Baghdad | Supervisor
- LEGAL OFFICER - GAZA Oslo | Assistant
- ICLA OFFICER - HLP (NATIONAL POSITION) - KIRKUK - IRAQ Kirkuk | Supervisor
- PROTECTION AND ADVOCACY ADVISER - DR CONGO Goma | Mid level
- GENDER BASED VIOLENCE PROJECT MANAGER - KIRKUK - HR - IRAQ Baghdad | Mid level
- PREVENTION OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE - P-SEA EDUCATION CONSULTANT Oslo | Consultant
- EMERGENCY MANAGER - DR CONGO Goma | Mid level
- HUMANITARIAN ACCESS SPECIALIST - YEMEN Sanaa | Advisor
- EMERGENCY PROJECT MANAGER-RRM - MALI Bamako | Mid level
- LOGISTICS ASSISTANT – ASSETS & STORES - (GAZIANTEP) - TURKEY Gaziantep | Services and Support
- ICT OFFICER- TURKISH NATIONALS ONLY- (GAZIANTEP) - TURKEY Gaziantep | Mid/Senior
Monitoring & Evaluation
- MONITORING & EVALUATION TECHNICAL COORDINATOR (JORDAN) - JORDAN Amman | Mid level
- MONITORING & EVALUATION COORDINATOR(NATIONAL POSITION) Iran | Mid level
- MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER - JERUSALEM Jerusalem | Mid/Senior
- MONITORING AND EVALUATION ASSISTANT - MOGADISHU (NATIONAL POSITION) - SOMALIA Mogadishu | Assistant
- CONSULTANCY - DEVELOPMENT OF DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM-DADAAB-KENYA Nairobi | Consultant
- SHELTER/WASH AND EMERGENCY SPECIALIST Kabul | Mid/Senior
- SHELTER COORDINATOR (NFI) (NATIONAL POSITION) - UKRAINE Sievierodonetsk | Mid level
Education and Training
- EDUCATION OFFICER(IRANINAN NATIONALITY ONLY) - IRAN Kerman | Mid level
- EDUCATION PROJECT MANAGER - HR - IRAQ Baghdad | Mid level
- HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT - (KENYAN NATIONALS ONLY) DADAAB/HAGADERA - KENYA Dadaab | Assistant
- SPECIAL ADVISER STAFF CARE - ED/N HEAD OFFICE Oslo | Advisor
Mechanic (Kenyan Nationals only)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC is providing clean water, medicine, protection services and emergency financial assistance to the displaced as well as vulnerable locals. At work in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. Read more about IRC on their career page here.
Currently IRC are recruiting for the positions below.
- COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE Berlin | Senior
- PROTECTION COORDINATOR Athens | Mid/Senior
- SENIOR PROTECTION COORDINATOR Athens | Senior
- COUNTRY DIRECTOR Islamabad | Senior
- TECHNICAL ADVISOR: HEALTH SYSTEM STRENGTHENING New York City | Mid/Senior
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR FOR PROGRAMS Beirut | Mid/Senior
- ECONOMIC RECOVERY AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR Athens | Mid/Senior
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS Beirut, Multiple locations | Senior
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS Antakya | Senior
- TEAM LEADER/DIRECTEUR DE PROGRAMME Democratic Republic of Congo | Senior
DRC - Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
DRC fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration.
DRC understand "durable solutions" as any means by which the situation of refugees can be permanently and satisfactorily resolved, enabling them to live normal lives. Durable solutions can be voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
- PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS CONSULTANT Addis Ababa | International Consultant
- PROTECTION INFORMATION MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR Hatay | P-3, International Professional
- PROTECTION CONSORTIUM PROJECT MANAGER Amman | Mid/Senior
- LIVELIHOOD AND GENDER COORDINATOR Kampala | P-3, International Professional
- PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT - NATIONAL CONTRACT Athens | Services and Support
- LIVELIHOOD AND GENDER OFFICER Kampala | Mid/Senior
- TRAINEE Djibouti | Junior
- FIELD DISTRIBUTION ASSISTANT (SEVERAL POSITIONS) - NATIONAL CONTRACT Thessaloníki | Services and Support
- CAMP COORDINATION AND CAMP MANAGEMENT (CCCM) EXPERT Djibouti ville | Mid/Senior
- COMMUNITY CENTERS PROGRAMME MANAGER Damascus | Mid/Senior
- LOGISTICS AND PROCUREMENT MANAGER Erbil | Mid/Senior
- PROGRAMME OFFICER Mogadishu | Mid/Senior
- REGIONAL SAFETY ADVISOR (RSA) DRC REGIONAL OFFICE WEST AFRICA Multiple locations | Mid/Senior
- HEAD OF OFFICE GALI AND SUKHUMI, ABKHAZIA Multiple locations | Mid/Senior
- CAMP MANAGER Various Field Location | Mid/Senior
- PROFESSIONAL PROTECTION TRAINEE PROGRAM Greece | Junior
- DRC VOLUNTEER (ARABIC AND FARSI SPEAKERS) Greece | International Volunteer
- AREA MANAGER Beirut | Mid/Senior
- AREA PROGRAM MANAGER Beirut | Mid/Senior
- PROTECTION MANAGER Yola, Adamawa, Nigeria | Mid/Senior
- SITE OPERATIONS OFFICER Athens | Mid/Senior
- PROTECTION COORDINATOR Bamako | Level not specified
- FIELD PROTECTION MONITOR Anbar | Mid level
- COMMUNITY COMMITTEE ASSISTANT Kobayat Akkar| L-5, International Limited
- SENIOR JOB COUNSELOR AND TRAINING OFFICER Lebanon| L-5, International Limited
UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
UNRWA was established by United Nations General Assembly 1949 to carry out direct relief and works programmes for Palestine refugees. The Agency has contributed to the welfare and human development of four generations of Palestine refugees. Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWA services.
UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance, including in times of armed conflict.
UNRWA has two Headquarter offices one in Gaza and one in Amman, Jordan. In addition, UNRWA has five field offices - Gaza, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and West Bank, and four Representative/Liaison Offices - New York, Geneva, Brussels and Cairo. All in all, UNRWA has over 30,000 employees, most of them Palestine refugees and a small number of international staff. The majority of area staff are teachers, health services, relief and social services staff and administrative and support staff. Common employee profiles are programme specialists in education, health, relief and recovery, infrastructure and protection as well as professionals with experience in administrative and operational support.
Below you find a list of all the jobs available at UNRWA:
- NEUTRALITY COORDINATOR Amman | P-4, International Professional
- DIRECTOR, INFORMATION MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT (RE-ADVERTISED) Amman | D-1, Director
- EXPERTS ROSTER - HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER - FINANCE Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER - ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER - PUBLIC INFORMATION Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER - FUNDRAISING Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER - LEGAL SERVICES Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER Â ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING (ERP) Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER Â PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER Â INTERNAL OVERSIGHT (AUDIT, EVALUATIONS, INVESTIGATIONS AND ETHICS) Multiple locations | International Consultant
- EXPERTS ROSTER - RELIEF, RECOVERY AND RECONSTRUCTION Multiple locations | International Consultant
Save the Children
Save the Children is recognized as the leading non-governmental organization (NGO) for children in need. Working with Save the Children in the nonprofit sector isn't charity - it's investing in children's futures and empowering families to support themselves. Save the Children is recognized as the leading non-governmental organization (NGO) for children in need. Working with Save the Children in the nonprofit sector isn't charity - it's investing in children's futures and empowering families to support themselves.
Below you find a list of all the jobs available at Save the Children
- FIELD MANAGER - 2 POSITIONS (KALAR AND KIRKUK) Kirkuk, Kalar | Mid/Senior
- CHILD PROTECTION PROJECT MANAGER Dohuk | Mid level
- DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMME OPERATIONS Erbil | Senior
- ADVOCACY MANAGER Erbil | Mid/Senior
Photo: Taizz, Yemen, 15 February 2016 - Ahmed Najee (age 9) helping his family collect UNHCR NFIs during the distribution in Al Hagri school, Al Mudafar district, Taizz. Photo: UNHCR/Mohammed Al Hasani.