NATIONAL POST: GBV Police and Legal Analyst, Kabul, Afghanistan Country Office, NOA (Re-advertisement)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF AFGHANISTAN.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 18 January 2017 (11:45 pm Kabul time)
Kindly note that applicants who have applied before need not to re-apply.
The position is located in the Afghanistan Country Office. The position works under the overall supervision of the UNFPA Representative, Deputy Representative, and under the direct supervision of the Gender Specialist. UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. In 2002, UNFPA re-established its Country Office in Afghanistan and is currently implementing its 4th Country Programme Action Plan (4th CPAP) of 5-year cycle (2015 – 2019). Output five in the 4th CPAP focuses on strengthening capacity of health sector and law-enforcement bodies for prevention, response and monitoring of GBV and child marriage in Afghanistan. The Gender program is comprised of major components namely: Health sector response to GBV Police and legal sector response to GBV Coordination, advocacy and policy including prevention of early and child marriage GBV coordination at national and regional levels including capacity for GBV Information Management System and coordinated GBV prevention and response in humanitarian setting Under the overall supervision of UNFPA Representative, Deputy Representative and direct supervision of the Gender Specialist, the GBV Police& Legal Analyst will assist in the design, planning and implementation of the police and legal sector response to GBV pillar within UNFPA gender program in Afghanistan. S/he takes a client-oriented-results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support to the Gender program.
Qualification and Education:
Advanced Degree in public health, social science, political science, gender, social work or any other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Prior experience in GBV project management preferably in UN, international or national organizations would be desirable;
- Experience in working with government ministries is an asset;
- Awareness and knowledge of GBV issues, knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods for community mobilization desirable;
- Experience in training facilitation, monitoring and overall coordination of the component desirable;
- Proficiency in computer skills specially MS. Office; Familiarity with UN policies and principle is desirable.
Languages: Fluent in English with excellent writing, analysis and communication skills, good knowledge of Dari and Pashto.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2017-01-25