NATIONAL POST: Population and Data for Development Specialist, Kabul, Afghanistan Country Office, NOC (Re-advertisement)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF AFGHANISTAN.
Closing date: 18 January 2017 (11:45pm Kabul time)
Kindly note that applicants who have applied before need not to re-apply.
The Population and Data for Development Programme Specialist is located in the Afghanistan Country Office (CO) and reports to the UNFPA Deputy Representative. The Population and Data for Development Programme Specialist ensures the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of population and development and data. S/he oversees project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. S/he supervises some programme staff in providing technical advice and support to the Afghanistan Central Statistics Office (CSO) and collaborates with the CO’s operations and administrative support staff. S/he contributes the achievement of programme results by ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are applied by programme team, and appropriate monitoring and oversight mechanisms and systems are established and implemented.
Qualification and Education:
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Population Sciences, Demography or related field in Economics or Statistics.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years with increasing professional experience and responsibilities, at national level, in the area if population and sustainable development, including programme;
- Strong results-based programme management experience with particular focus on strategic planning and capacity building;
- Experience in surveys and census taking an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto is desirable.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer
- Closing Date: 2017-01-26