Emergency Officer- (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Jalalabad/Kunar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Motivate the local NRC emergency staff in providing timely response to assessed emergency need on the ground.
- Actively lead and participate in emergency assessment, distribution and monitoring and ensure their coordination with relevant government and non government actors.
- Ensure timely, quality reporting of activities and surveys to senior management as directed and requested.
- Analyze other assessment form NRC's core competencies and ensure the emergency staff follow up on all requests.
- Continuously monitor and oversee beneficiary selection and ensure accountability and transparency.
- Responsible for the correct distribution of assistance to beneficiaries as authorized
- Identify potential partners and coordinate with the to strengthen the emergency response
- Prepare and implement plans of action for emergency response, taking into account the nature, scale and location of the emergency.
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings,
- Participate in the field visit from donors and SO staff.
- Travel though out Afghanistan to conduct assessment, distribution and monitoring and establish new emergency programs if necessary as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Knowledge of the context in Emergency
- University degree in related field
- Minimum three years of experience in UN or NGOs working with NFI and cash distribution
- Proven experience in emergency response activities including post distribution monitoring
- Experience in government negotiation and stakeholder coordination.
- Demonstrated staff supervision and management skill
- Fluency in the English and local languages (Dari & Pashto)
- computer literacy
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Education title: Bachelor Degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Jalalabad
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-01-23