SVN 2017/03 (P) - Pipeline Officer (Shelter/NFI and WASH) (P2) - Juba, South Sudan
Position Title Pipeline Officer (Shelter/NFI and WASH)
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 January 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations and S-NFI Cluster Coordinator and direct supervision of the Shelter/NFI and WASH Pipeline Coordinator, the successful candidate will be in charge of the logistics management of the Shelter/NFI and WASH pipeline items stored in the different preposition locations that IOM has across South Sudan. S/he will be based in Juba but will be roving across South Sudan as needed.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that the stocks of Shelter/NFI and WASH items are well accounted and updated. 2. Coordinate the release of items to the requesting agencies from IOM warehouses after receiving endorsement by the cluster coordination teams from Shelter/NFI or WASH. 3. Maintain a register of distributions to agencies recipient of the pipeline items, ensuring that dates of collection, number and type of items, locations where the items will be utilized and targeted beneficiary numbers are properly accounted.
4. Supervise the team of national staff assigned to assist the warehousing of the pipelines. Page 1 / 35. Support pipeline partners in various locations to ensure their stock keeping and warehousing management systems are in line with cluster standards.
6. Plans, designs and implements appropriate and innovative warehousing systems and databases to maximize the efficiency of the storage of pipeline items. Ensures service provider performance by developing and tracking key performance indicators.
7. Participates in the pipeline programme planning with the SNFI and WASH Coordinators, and advises on logistics considerations.
8. Ensures appropriate logistics processes and systems are in place to ensure efficiency of the SNFI and WASH pipelines operations.
9. Coordinates with Logistics Cluster to ensure SNFI and WASH pipeline supplies are given appropriate priority as requested by the national cluster team.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, International Economics, Development or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in supply-chain management, logistics, operations or in the field; • Experience in emergency, project implementation, management including project monitoring and reporting is an advantage;
• Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office package (Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), internet and Email.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
Page 2 / 3• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 January 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.01.2017 to 23.01.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/03 (P) - Pipeline Officer (Shelter/NFI and WASH)(P2)-Juba,SouthSudan (54928442) Released
Posting: Posting NC54935243 (54935243) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Juba
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-01-23